Toni Basil is a multi-award winning performer/choreographer/director/producer that has been at the vanguard of dance and music throughout her career, as well as a member of legendary street dance group The Lockers. www.thelockersdance.com
- On Saturday April 21, 2012 from 10am – 5pm, Toni will be appearing at the Hollywood Show Celebrity Autograph Event at the Burbank Airport Marriott Hotel & Convention Center. Check out: http://www.hollywoodshow.com/main.php for more information.
- Look for Toni performing her hits at the upcoming Flashback 80’s live concerts in various cities. Details to be posted on this site and on Toni's Facebook Page
- Toni's experimental films were screened to sold out audiences at three of the 2012 Pacific Standard Time events. Sponsored by the Getty Center Museum with the Andy Warhol Foundation, these events chronicled the work of Southern California artists. Alongside Toni’s films were works by George Lucas, Frank Zappa, Wallace Berman and Bruce Conner.
- Toni judged the 2012 K.O.D. China street dance preliminaries at the Shrine Auditorium in downtown Los Angeles.
The January 2012 Issue of Dance Magazine features an article crediting Toni as the original force in merging Classical Dance with Street Dance back in 1978 on her Saturday Night Live piece “Swan Lake.”
- Look for Toni in the new DISH Network commercial directd by Matt Dillmore.
- Also check out Matt's interview with Toni on his monthly radio blog- www.thehomeofpussyfoot.com
- Toni was opening presenter at the World Dance Awards.
9/23/2011 cover of LA Weekly
- Toni is the figure that forms the handle of the cup on this image created by Kenny Price. Click Here
- Toni’s judging and choreography appeared on the finale episode for RuPaul’s Drag U.
- June 18th and 19th Toni was in Tokyo Japan teaching and judging the prestigious “Funkmaster Camp” and “Freestyle Session"
Check out her judges demo shot by Poppin' Pete from the DJ booth: To view this video Click HERE, then log into facebook.
To see the promo from the event click HERE
- Bette Midler's "The Show Girl Must Go On" was Emmy nominated in the "Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Special" category. Filmed in Las Vegas at Caesars Palace, the show premiered on New Years Eve on HBO. Toni was the Choreographer and Dance Director of this two year running hit show. Toni created a promotional film for the show titled “The Showgirls Journey”
Click here for The Showgirls' Journey
- On Aug 2nd 2009 Toni received The Living Legend of Hip Hop Award at the World Hip Hop Dance Championships.
To view award, presentation photos and videos click here.
- This special accolade was also announced when Toni was a Guest Judge on So You Think You Can Dance in 2009 click here
As well as in 2008 click here
- On july 31st 2010 Toni judged the World Locking Battle at Hip Hop International.
- The legendary dance group The Lockers have started their own website www.thelockersdance.com
- In 2009 and 2010 Toni continued her work with two of the most legendary women in showbiz, Tina Turner and Bette Midler.
- In addition, Toni was featured on the premiere episode of
Kathy Griffin's : My Life on the D List". click here
- Toni produced and choreographed the segment
saluting Sid and Marty Krofft For the 2009 TV Land Awards
as well as the 2010 TV Land Awards hosted by Tim Allan. click here
- In 2008 & 2009 Toni served as associate director and choreographer of the Tina Turner World Tour. A complete DVD of the show is available now, click here to see a video clip.
- Toni was interviewed by lasvegasmagazine.com discussing a few of her favorite things, titled "Oh Vegas, Your So Fine" click here to view article.
Watch Toni with DJ Doc from KJLH radio Saturday Night Mix Down demonstrating Top 5 V4 Old school Dance part 2 with Pop'n Pete :: Check it out! ::
- See what Pharrell Williams had to say about the Toni Basil inspiration for Gwen Stefani’s “Hallaback Girl” Click HERE
Then click on these other links to see the other videos they refer to
North on South Street
Just added to youtube
Time after Time from Word of Mouth
Thief on the Loose from Word of Mouth
Catch a fun link of Toni Basil’s vaudevillian family, Wells and the Four Fays
"I Am Don Campbell"
A New Film by Toni Basil with unprecedented views on YouTube!" Here is the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekoJVpSaRuU&feature=plcp
For Toni's Youtube Channel
For Toni's Facebook Page